Thank you for stopping by my blog, Stamping Flair today. I’m an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Melbourne, Australia. Our theme this month is Easter or spring. I’ve opted for the Easter part but it could easily pass for a spring project.
I haven’t got many of the current Easter stamps so I thought I’d go for a 3D project. You know all that time we spend on Pinterest? I found this really cute basket tutorial from Rachel at The Little Blue Room. There are so many baskets that can be made but I just found this one a little bit different and it is so easy to make.
I’ve used the beautiful Subtles range of Designer Series Paper as it had just the right colours for my Easter baskets.
How to Make the Basket
- Start with a 6″ x 6″ piece of paper
- Score on all sides at 2″ and burnish the score lines
- Cut up the centre score lines (as shown in image)
- Mark the 1″ point of the centre side panels with a pencil (halfway mark of the section that has been cut). Now cut from this point to the corners to form the triangles on both ends.
- Cut the other 4 sections into 3 equal parts (as close as you can get)
- Take a 1/4″ off sections 2 and 3, counting from the outer end
- To assemble – Take the longest strips and glue together. Then glue the second row and third row.
- Finally glue the triangle over it.
- Die cut a circle from the Tasteful labels dies, fold in half and adhere over the centre
- Cut a 2, 1/2″x6″ strips of cardstock. Use a bone folder to curve it then adhere to basket.
I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges of the paper in the coordinating ink colour which added extra depth. The small blooms were punched out from the Rainbow Glimmer Paper which offered me every colour I needed for my baskets.
I hope you have enjoyed this fun project and please let me know if you give it a try. Click on the Next blog button to view the beautiful work of Lisa Mackey.
New catalogues will be sent out in April. If you live in Australia and currently don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and would like a copy of the latest catalogue, please click on the link below to complete your details.Product List